India records single day biggest casualties; PM Modi chairs COVID review meet | Top news
India records biggest casualties/ Here are the top headlines of the day:
1. India reported its biggest single-day ever casualty for the first time with 3,689 deaths being reported in the last 24 hours and over 3.5L fresh cases for the 5th straight day.
3. Meanwhile The Central Committee and experts are now pressing upon a Nationwide Lockdown. This amidst the surge in the cases which is now being witnessed across Bengal and Karnataka as well. The COVID-19 task force is now urging the Centre for a nationwide lockdown in order to break the transmission. also The doctors and experts from AIIMS and ICMR have collectively stated in the media reports that a nationwide lockdown is the need of the hour.
4. Despite the surge in death toll daily, the politicians continue to flout the COVID norms. Netas continue to throw caution to the wind even after EC banned celebrations.
5. AIIMS Director Dr Randeep Guleria once again reiterates the use of Remdesivir and other steroids. Further Dr Randeep Guleria adds that the drug is not a magic bullet and should not be hoarded.
6. likewise EC to begin a crackdown on people who celebrated after the election results were announced. Even after imposing a ban on the celebrations, apathy on the end of leaders continue.